Proactive retirement planning is the key to financial freedom and a secure retirement. The National Retirement Planning Coalition, a group of education, consumer advocacy, and financial services organizations that joined together to increase retirement planning awareness, has announced that April 11-15 2016 is National Retirement Planning Week®! Whether you are a retirement plan sponsor or a plan participant, this is a great time to get organized. Below are some ideas for how to observe National Retirement Planning Week®:
For plan sponsors:
- Campaign to enroll employees in the retirement plan.
- Send reminders to participants to:
- Increase their contributions
- Calculate their retirement savings goal
- Update their beneficiary forms
- Review your plan features and investment options.
For participants:watch movie Why Him? now
- Are you on track to meet your retirement goals? Use an online calculator to check and/or run some different scenarios. Here are a few:
- Check your beneficiary information and update if necessary.
- Is it time to increase your monthly contribution? There’s no time like the present!
- Make any last-minute 2015 contributions to your IRA before the April 15 tax deadline.
- Click here for more information about retirement planning.
Happy National Retirement Planning Week®!